From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:58:36 -0400
Having spend every summer of the 1990s in Virginia and North Carolina doing
archival research, I was present to note the increased availability of
staples for Mexican style cooking in the upper South.  Good flour tortillas
were fairly scarce say in 1992 but all the major supermarkets seem to carry
them by 1999.  This made it easy for me to make burritos for my cousins who
hosted me in Raleigh each summer.

Harold S. Forsythe