Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:20:11 -0500
You continue to ignore my point that millions and millions of black natives
were enslaved (those who were captured rather than killed or maimed) by
native African tribal leaders before being sold to other slave-traders of
the world -- this included the relatively small numbers who were shipped to
Virginia (you seem to enjoy ignoring this 'given' with intent to ignore what
I say as impertinent.)  White slave-traders of the 17th through 19th
centuries, including those who traded in Virginia, were no worse than the
blacks who dealt in a world-accepted slavery practice for tens of centuries.
Whether capturers were 'civilized' or not (defintion? -- is this a
white-only thingy?) is irrevelant since the concept of capturing and
enslaving other humans is/was understood as wrong by any human having a
self-endowed caring heart and mind, regardless of their skin color -- but
many did so anyway for financial profit as 'everybody else' was doing it and
it was a legal practice in many places at different times.

Please read the following as pertinent to understanding the history of
African-American Virginians:
http://www.slaverysite.com/Body/maps.htm

Also understand that it has been the United States who has militarily and
diplomatically stopped much of the world's human enslavement but which
unfortunately still continues in far too many places.

Happy 4th for celebrating the freedom and liberties of our great United
States of America and for recognizing what its people have done for so many
others of our nation and world through the years (including Virginians)!

Neil McDonald

PS: Many folks are concerned about slavery today. See
http://www.anti-slaverysociety.addr.com/society.htm and
http://www.antislavery.org/.
(Posted 6/25/08 by Maass, John R Dr CMH, and myself a long time prior to
that, google for additional sites.)