Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:01:32 EDT
This is whining,

J South

Neil,

People will study whatever parts of history interest them.  Putting the name
of an unknown African on a rock at Poquoson would not be  correct, inasmuch
as the slaves came in initially at Jamestown.

But,  if you want to make the point that Africans enslaved Africans before
the  British came to the idea, go ahead and write a book or two and make your

case. In the meantime, those interested in naming the AMERICANS who were
complicit in this long chain of immorality, should not be challenged. The
CHRISTIANS and those who cheered for and/or signed the Declaration of
Independence were promising a NEW way of living, an attempt at true freedom
for man, and then a decade later turned their backs on those brought here as
slaves.

How can men claim morality when they profess their love of  their own freedom
and deny that self-same freedom to their neighbors and  workers?

Anne

In a message dated 6/26/2008 1:40:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,