From:
Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:07:35 -0500
>> Good Morning,

    Eric,
thank you very much.
    Jerry
>  I'm
Jerry Lee Midkiff and I'm trying to find
> out information on my
histroy. Thomas Midkiff of b. 1720 in Halifax, VA
> and died 1743
? of and Indian attack. I canfind where he is buried or any

other information. His two sons were John and Joseph who m. the Parsons

> sisters. Thanks
> Jerry Midkiff
> Delton
<MI

> The Quaker records for
these counties were all maintained by the
>> Cedar Creek
Monthly Meeting, renamed Richmond Monthly Meeting in
> 1875. My

>> website lists the locations of the original records
> and the reel numbers
>> for
>> the
microfilm copies at the
> Maryland Hall of Records but (so far)
not the

https://www.quakermeetings.com/Plone/meeting_view?anID=1774

> [Note that QuakerMeetings.com was moved to the Earlham College
server last

>> August, and some browser security
settings still consider it a
> possible
>> threat. I
have had no such problem.]

>> The Library of
Virginia also has the abstracts of Cedar Creek MM

>> records published by Mary Marshall Brewer.

http://lva1.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/F/FAGAS3M32892345R2H7KC6E1QHYRS77ATCGQH

BFX8BD26YNC6N-14479?func=full-set-set&set_number=002886&set_entry=000001&for

>> mat=999
>> [Single URL; most
programs will insert line

From: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia

history
4:44 PM

>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: Re: [VA-HIST]
> Early Henrico - Richmond
Birth and Deaths records?

> Is
there an index for church records pre 1853?

From: Discussion of research
> and writing about Virginia
history

Behalf Of Brooks, Vincent (LVA)
>> Sent: Monday, February 14,
2011 2:17 PM
>> To:
>> Subject: Re: [VA-HIST] Early Henrico
> - Richmond
Birth and Deaths
>> records?
>>

> Virginia began recording birth and death records in 1853.
>>
>> Prior to that year, they were recorded in church
parishes or family

http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/guides/rn2_vitalstats.htm

Message-----

From:
> Discussion
of research and writing about Virginia history On Behalf
>> Of

>> Huffstutler, Eric S.
>> Sent: Monday,
> February 14, 2011 1:55 PM
>> Subject: [VA-HIST] Early
Henrico -
> Richmond Birth and Deaths records?
>>
>> What are the
> earliest Richmond City and Henrico
County birth and death

> records available at the
library? I am seeking the 1800-1840 period for

both centering more on 1800-1835. Thanks.