From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2014 16:26:16 -0400
Martha,

MOST interesting. I was under the impression that embalmment was required by law, regardless. Please expound on this.

A good non-Jewish friend of mine (now dead) once said she was going to specify that she NOT be embalmed (for her own reasons), but I never asked if that was really an option. Is there a religious exemption to this law? If so, we've all been had by the funeral directors lobby!

Craig