From:
Sandy Sellers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:39:17 -0500
Bad form, I know, however when the computer insists indulging in its
miseries, I have to ask questions when it feel available.

1) As our little group of researchers are gathering the information re
VA counties re our Fergusons, I
have come across a gentlemen of the 1700's by the name of John Dixon.
He seems to be in every
county and active in land, indentures, you name it!   Could he be the
"John Doe" that is in our century?

2)We do have families researched that are "one name", therefore, when
seeing the name of Gatewood or
Hallmark, we usually can connect  the lineage  to the immigrant.  Is
Henry  such a name?

3) Does anyone know of a source that is versed in the  migration
westward and the  mechanics of
moving a large family across the Mississippi.  Knowing you all are
researching  VA...most of us started
out there but as second sons, moved to the frontier.