Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:57:08 EDT
Thank you for passing on this information.  What a sad loss, all too  early!

I first encountered Isaac in his "The Transformation of Virginia,
1740-1790" and still stand in awe of his special combination of scholarship and
writing style.  His work was foundational in my own thinking about that  period
in our nation's life.

Despite never having met him, I share in the sense of loss those who knew
and worked with him must feel.

Warren Napier, PhD
Affiliate Faculty, College for Professional Studies
Regis University

In a message dated 10/12/2010 7:35:22 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,