From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 13:37:22 -0400
OK....... FINAL ANSWER!!!!!!  What could be more authoritative than Brent
Tarter AND "Fowler's Modern English Usage!"  I am prepared to initiate
ending my snail-mail letters, subject of course to Fowler, with "Your
Obedient Servant", firm in the knowledge that I shall not be regarded a
complete twit.  (Well, I may already be regarded that, but Yr Ob Sv will
change nothing.)

Many thanks to everybody for answers.  I knew that I could always rely on
VA-HIST for Va-History.

Randy Cabell