From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:24:53 -0500
The Definitive CD of Jamestowne Centenary Music (Hey.... I should be in advertising) continues on schedule.  I received the raw (un-edited) tracks of most of the Dec 2 concert from David Diggs.  I say "most", because the engineer in some way lost the first 10 minutes of the concert.  But not to worry -- the Wind Ensemble spent some 10 hours over the next several days doing intensive recording.

I've put together about 5 minutes of snippets from 5 selections to illustrate the four faces of the band:
    - 1807 Harmonie Musick
    - 1907 Brass Band
    - Modern Wind Ensemble
    - Symphonic Band

I had to add that fourth category to acknowledge The New World.  It sounds SO good, that you think it is a philamornic orchestra -- and it got better during the followup recording sessions.

In any case, as a reward to anybody out there who has followed this adventure and would like to get a preview of what the final product is going to sound like a month from now, just send me your snail mail address and I'll pop this short preview CD into the mail.

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne