From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:27:10 -0500
Dear Mr. Corneliussen,
   I have read your essay at TJscience.org, and it deserves publication.
Finding the right journal is always a challenge.  In the preface to a
collection of his essays, J. H. Hexter commented that one of the
chapters that I very much admire had been rejected by several journals as
not being "top-drawer Hexter" - and he was certainly a first-rate historian.
  And in regard to my statistical methods for word/page counts I acknowledge
that your posts did comprise the smaller portion of the number I cited. My
apologize if I gave offense - certainly none was intended.

  That said, as I wrote you off-list in May 2008 when VA-HIST was embroiled
in an earlier round of this recurring tempest:
". . . In regard to your interest in the use of science and statistics, . .
. if you have Fraser Nieman's monte carlo computations in mind, I think
you'll find that most historians skimmed that part of his WMQ piece  . . .
but what historians did find pertinent was the 'raw data' - birth dates and
computed conception dates he presented."
With all due respect, I still believe that is the case.

All best wishes,
--
Jon Kukla
www.JonKukla.com