From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:39:36 -0500
Interesting. Thomas Cardwell came as an indentured servant at age 21,
in 1636; he was a barrel maker and was initially in the employ of a
man in Keoghtan [now the city of Hampton]. On the ship's passenger
list there are many indentured servants who paid 6 shillings passage
each, but his passage was 11 shillings, which must have given him a
more comfortable passage (relatively speaking) than the other people,
who must have been in the equivalent of "steerage." He later lived in
Middlesex County Va.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone