From:
"Roger P. Mellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 15:24:09 -0600
I read many of these posts with dismay. I wish we could be more
collegial in our critical comments.
While I strongly agree that // Brown's/, Good Wives, Nasty Wenches, And
Anxious Patriarchs: Gender, Race, And Power In Colonial Virginia/ is a
very worthwhile book, I think there are better ways to say that than,
"Your library needs a new committee."
I would also suggest that the other comment, "a waste of pulp," is also
inappropriate.
Like the book or not, the author put a great deal of research and
writing into it, and is more than likely a member of this listserve and
is deserving of our respect.
Whether I agree with you or not, my point is attitude and approach
within this listserve. I strongly suggest that we edit out our own
personal vitriol (of which there has been much of late) and NOT force
the administrator of this listserve to do that for us.
This should be a professional and collegial forum where we can share
ideas, and respectfully respond to others.
Thank you,
Roger Mellen