From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:11:20 -0000
"I have found a number of the posts regarding Dred Scott, command
responsibility, Jefferson and slavery, and various other matters interesting
and certainly within the bounds of the list's purpose. I will admit that
there has been an undertone of sarcasm and general snarkiness in some posts
that seemed uncalled for, especially when aimed at another list member."

Writing a fact should not present an intercourse problem. No one owns a
fact. A fact stands on its own. It either is or it isn't. I have been told
that (because it has been correctly recorded by investigated reliable
sources) that citizens of South Carolina fired guns on the Union forces
occupying Fort Sumter on April 12, 1861 - a fact. A fact until someone
discovers conclusive proof that it actually happened on the 11th.

To present intercourse on why the fact happened presents a whole new subset
of perceptions of the fact to those that weren't there when it happened.
Inconceivably, maybe some corporal struck his match in the wrong place to
light his cigarette and things just got out of hand.

To the point: Fact: I applaud your position as stated (entire statement).
Opinion: As to "tone"; in all things it is the nature of mankind for one to
dominate another either by influence or force. I am of the opinion that
influence represents the more reasonable approach to reaching that "high
place". Fact: Therefore short of "yelling FIRE in a crowded theater"; use
the delete key for those perceptions that disturb personal "planes of
persuasion". Fact: I invite all to do the same for this too. Opinion: (Yet
it is held that once planted, the thought is never lost - especially to the
"gifted".)

Opinion: We all want the same things is life: Trouble comes; we all want
them on our own terms.

A Blessed Christmas To All And A Sincere Happy And Peaceful New Year To Its
Own End,

Ray