From:
Richard Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:56:56 -0500
Your suggested syllabus contains only writers that advance the claim that
Jefferson fathered children by Sally Hemings. The Scholars Commission did
not conclude that but you indicate only  "selected essays" will read. The
work of the Scholars Commission is the only comprehensive analysis of this
issue. The full report is at http://www.tjheritage.org/  That is the web
site of the Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society and it contains other
articles that contradict the evidence relied on by Gordon-Reed, Ellis, etc.

Richard E. Dixon
Clifton, VA 20124-2115
703-830-8177
fax 703-691-0978