From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 06:12:35 -0400
Finally. I have completed MARTIAL MUSIC IN THE AGE OF LEWIS AND CLARK. Of course it is larger than I ever intended - 26 selections from the first decade of the 19th century, each arranged on one page for the military band of the time: 2 clarinets, 2 natural (no valves) horns, bass line + percussion. Also 8 pages of text about the band, the instruments, and the music, with images of some music from the 1750's to about 1816, plus a rare photo of a guy actually playing a serpent horn, ca. 1978. And finally, a CD of the 26 selections performed by the Band of the Piltdown Fusilers. The astute student of history will recognize the latter is a complete fraud. There never was such band, but the selections are 'performed' through magic of the MIDI sounds which my FINALE(r) software produced. So at least you can get an idea of what the bands sounded like.

I had promised members of VA-HIST who were interested (and hopefully who will see the music gets played in celebration of the bicentennial of Lewis and Clark through this American Martial Music) a free copy, and indeed heeding the admonition in MAN MAX BEYOND THE THUNDERDOME - "Bust the deal, face the wheel" I am now ready to fulfil that promise. Just send me your snail-mail address, even those who have already done so since I have lost all those Emails.

Given the size of the tome, I am going to have to charge $16 to the general public, and shall start a marketing campaign in a month or so. Therefore, I feel I must put a sunset on my FREE offer to VA-HIST. So let's make that the end of this month. If you get your cards and letters and Emails to me by July 31, then its free!

Thank you for your patience.

Randy Cabell

Band of the 19th VA Hvy Arty Bn