From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:22:22 -0500

“Liberty or Death!”

Come hear Patrick Henry in Person at the next meeting of the American Revolution Round Table of Richmond on Wednesday, January 16, at the University of Richmond.  Bill Young, who did a wonderful first person John Paul Jones for us a few years ago, will now bring Henry to life.  Bill’s site is http://www.historyinperson.com/patrick_henry.html  We gather for dinner at 5:30 in the Heilman Dining Center, with the meeting beginning at 6:30.  Details and maps are at http://arrt-richmond.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-12-28T07:00:00-08:00&max-results=7.   Bring a friend!  All are welcome.

1. This from our friend John Maass, who will be speaking to us later this year -

Please note upcoming program in April in Washington, DC:

April 8: Free program with Dennis Conrad, John Maass and Jim Piecuch on “General Nathanael Greene and the American Revolution in the South,” the subject of a recent book from Univ. of South Carolina Press, in which each of these three historians have a chapter.

The speakers offer new perspectives on the character and military leadership of George Washington’s most trusted general, whose brilliance as a strategist and tactician reversed the course of the Southern Campaign.

Location:

The Society of the Cincinnati

2118 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20008

Telephone: 202 785-2040

Check website for exact time: http://www.societyofthecincinnati.org/events/public

2. And don’t forget America’s History upcoming 2nd Annual Conference on the American Revolution on March 22-24, in Williamsburg.  Please support our business sponsor.  Details and the outstanding line up of speakers are at http://americashistoryllc.com/2012/03/2nd-annual-conference-on-the-american-revolution-march-22-24-2013/.

3. Member Douglas Powell passed along details about the 232nd Anniversary Commemoration of the Crossing of the Dan on Feb 14 – 16 at http://www.prizery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=304&Itemid=191.

4. Finally, Art Ritter reminds us that Patrick Henry (Bill Young) will also be appearing tomorrow, Friday, Jan 11, at the Chesterfield County Historical Society, for those who can’t join us on January 16.

January 11 Winter Lecture

The first of our Winter Lecture Series speakers is author and living history interpreter William Young portraying Patrick Henry. For those who saw him as “John Paul Jones”, you will be delighted to know that he returns on January 11 at 7:00 pm . Our Winter Lecture Series is held in the Community Room at Lucy Corr Village , 6800 Lucy Corr Blvd . CHSV members free; non-members $5. http://www.chesterfieldhistory.com/

Better yet, come to both!

We hope to see you on January 16th.

Bill Welsch