From:
Ian Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 07:51:15 +1000
The Church of England was the established church in Virginia until the Revolution and so the Anglican rules on Affinity applied. This set out a table outlining who a person might marry. As I recall, the Table of Affinity prohibited the kind of marriage mentioned and consequently I doubt that such marriages were at all common. The Table was not included in the subsequent Episcopal Prayer Book.

Ian Welch, Canberra