From:
"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:40:53 -0500
 I grew up literally on "Indian Island" (we had 14 acres in Peters' Hollow
between Bear and Cedar Mountains in Amherst County) and my babysitter called
most of the people who went to my church (St. Paul's Bear Mountain Mission)
"Issues." As a child, I didn't know what that meant...those people were my
friends. Fortunately, my parents raised me in such a way that I saw them as
equals.

Scott

The Natives were also designated as,