From:
Carl Childs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:27:22 -0400
Folks,

let me offer the following. The Library of Virginia's Local Records
Services Branch works very closely with Circuit Court Clerks throughout
the state to help clerks preserve the records in their offices. The
Circuit Court Records Preservation Program (CCRP) is a part of Local
Records Services and was established to provide grants for clerks to
safeguard their records in a variety of ways. This funding also provides
for processing the Circuit Court Records that have been transferred by
clerks to the LVA. The Library of Virginia is dedicated to preserving
these important records and look forward to working with each locality
towards that end. I have included several links to the LVA website that
explain these programs in greater detail. Note especially the Guide to
Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm on the County and City
Records page.

Carl Childs

Carl Childs
Director, Local Records Services