From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:31:14 -0500
Kevin and All,

    Time on the Cross makes the fantastic claim that on average slaves were
beaten .7 times in their lifetime (as I remember.)  Michael Johnson, then of
UC, Irvine, now of Johns Hopkins University in a review, inquired exactly
what is .7 of a beating.

Harold S. Forsythe