From:
Steve Corneliussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:05:52 -0400
I wrote last week:
> Forum participants are kind to indulge this quick note. I plan to offer
> more -- next time maybe with fewer words -- including a recommendation
> as to exactly how Fort Monroe's true friends can best influence Fort
> Monroe's future.

Today some might want to see, and maybe act on the recommendation in, the following request that I distributed today among friends of Fort Monroe nationwide:

Request for friends of Fort Monroe: Send one brief e-mail message to help save a national treasure?
A short version of this request appears after the first dashed line, for anyone in a hurry. A longer version appears after the second dashed line. Thanks very much.
Steve Corneliussen, [log in to unmask]
(Comments welcome by reply e-mail.)

SHORT VERSION OF THIS REQUEST:
Some government, preservation and media leaders aren’t forthrightly reporting that Washington is considering only a bifurcated, balkanized, token national park -- a split national park that doesn’t even extend all along Fort Monroe’s bayfront shoreline. So even if you’ve already answered government officials’ latest request for comments, I hope you’ll transmit something along the lines of the following sample message. It needs to go before Tuesday evening, July 26. Thanks.