Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:01:57 EST
Mr. Barger writes

Bottom line, "Never leave our valuable history in the hands of
> amateurs and "authorities" who have reasons to distort history and
> science."

I would submit that we, therefore, should be very careful to accept his
interpretation since he obviously has a reason to distort history in trying
to protect Jefferson from the scandal.

Roger Ward
Department of History
University of Kentucky