From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:08:37 -0400
The Virginia Forum in Winchester last week was a very big success,
thanks in no small part to all of the people who made presentations, but
also to all of the people who attended and participated in the
discussions that the presentations stimulated. More than 230 people took
part in the forum, which was an important event in the history of the
history of Virginia.

Warren Hofstra and I knew as soon as we began to review the proposals
that we received after the call for papers went out that the conference
would be of a high quality, but it exceeded even our high expectations,
for which everybody deserves praise and thanks.

Warren Hofstra, Bill Austin, Sandy Snyder, and all of the other folks at
Winchester deserve a special vote of thanks for their excellent planning
and logistical preparations.

I am pleased to announce that the second Virginia Forum will convene at
the Library of Virginia in Richmond on Friday and Saturday, 13 and 14
April 2007.

The call for papers will go out later in the spring.

Watch this space, as they used to say on billboards.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us