From:
John Smith at dhova <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Smith at dhova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:44:39 -0300
"Beyond Scientific Doubt" is a mighty strong phrase.  I know little about
DNA tracing, beyond the fact that you can trace back along the male line...
father-grandfather-ggrandfather with confidence, and you can trace back
along the female line mother-grandmother- ggrandmother etc.  That's
mytochondrial DNA.... the stuff of Jurrasic Park.  But as I understand it,
the vast middle ground is very difficult to trace.

I think that there are tests that can show how closely two individuals are
related.

In any case, I would like to see the not only the analysis, but more
important a review by some true experts in the field (contrasted to plodders
like me).  Before we open up once again (choke, gasp) the eternal
Jefferson-Hemmings debate, lets see some firm grounding of this new report.

Randy Cabell