From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:05:08 -0400
There is a book _Lewises, Meriwethers, and Their Kin_ by Sarah Travers Lewis
(Scott) Anderson, Orginally published: Richmond, VA 1938, Reprinted by
Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore, 1984, 1995.

Meriwether Lewis is part of the Warner Hall Lewises of VA. According to the
book above...

His parents were: Warner Lewis of Lewis Level m. second, December 4, 1823,
Catherine Butler, daughter of Col. Rubin Butler of the Rev. War.

His grandparents were: Dr. John Taliaferro Lewis m. 2nd Susannah Waring

His g-grandparents were: Col. Charles Lewis of Cedar Creek, b. 1729 m. Lucy
Taliaferro, d/o John Taliaferro and Mary Catlett of "Snow Creek".

His g-g grandparents were: Col. John Lewis III baptised: Nov. 1702, m.
Frances Feilding d/o Henry Fielding of King & Queen Co., VA.

I looked in the index. There is no Exum Lewis listed. Does he have another
name? Do you know his father?

Lonny J. Watro