From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:40:53 -0400
According to another county levy as recorded in notations on the last page
of its copy of the October 1660 Acts of Assembly, Lower Norfolk County
paid 500 pounds of tobacco "To the Trumpeter" in connection with the
Restoration of Charles II.

See Jon Kukla, ed., “Some Acts Not in Hening’s Statutes: The Acts of
Assembly, October 1660,” Virginia Magazine of History and Biography 83
(1975): 94.

--
Dr. Jon Kukla, Executive Vice-President
Red Hill - The Patrick Henry National Memorial

Fax 434-376-2647

- Lynn B. Davis, Office Manager
- Karen Gorham, Associate Curator
- Edith Poindexter, Curator