From:
myfriends <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:04:47 -0700
Anita,

  I have no tolerance for those who defend slavery, or who suggest it might
have been a "good thing",  but let's keep the record straight.  If  you read
Nate Turner's own words, you'll find he was not "whipped into submission."
Yes, there were other fanatics, but I don't necessarily suggest they should
be compared to G.W. either.  And please tell me, where I said --or anyone
else on this list has said-- that it was "okay to enslave people, take away
their lives, but not for one of  those enslaved, oppressed people to rebel?
"   Is it really necessary for posters on this list to put forth a list of
disclaimers to stop you from putting words into their mouths?

Gus