From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:21:08 -0400
Does anybody know of a group in the Commonwealth, or perhaps even in the US Army which maintains unit-histories/heritage of units?  I believe that this focus on unit heritage has not been a very big deal in the US, as contrasted with Canada and the UK.

In any case, I am particularly interested in finding out if there is any 'string' connecting the 28th Virginia Regiment of the Civil War and Co. A of the 116th Infantry VaNG from Bedford at the beginning of WWII.  I understand that both units drew from men in the Bedford area.

Randy Cabell
Boyce, Virginia