From:
Tom Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:11:46 -0400
Shea, William L, The Virginia Militia in the Seventeenth Century, (
Baton Rouge,1983).
McAllister, J.T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War. Hot Springs,
VA: McAllister, 1913.

There is an extensive literature about militia in the RevWar.  It is
important to bear in mind that musters and militia mean different things
in peacetime and wartime, in the 17th century and the 18th century.

trm

--
T.R. Magnuson
Trading Path Association (EIN 56-2127821)