From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:22:31 -0400
One of my husband's CIvil War ancestor on his father's side was in prison camp in Indiana when the war ended.  He walked home to Montgomery County, Virginia.  When my husband's grandfather would tell the story that he had heard from his grandfather it was hard to find a dry eye in the room as he described seeing smoke coming out of his chimney and knew that his family was OK...and that it was the happiest day of his life when he arrived home.

And on my husband's mother's side, his Civil War ancestor that jumps to my mind is a man who said that he was in a tree at Appomattox .....he was very young....and he grew up in the area.

marsha moses