From:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Threadgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:02:51 -0700
I don't know if anyone was mentioned this, but since FTDNA has the Jefferson
information on their site, they may be the obvious choice. The problem with
autosomal testing is that new samples have to be submitted. So any living
proven Jefferson descendant and any living provoen Hemings descendant can do
the test to see if there is a match. An example is that my mom and I tested.
With the autosomal testing it is assumed that a person inherits 50% of their
DNA from each of their parents. In my case, I inherited about 49% from my
mom.  My father is deceased so from this test, I know that I inherited 51%
from my father. Also, there a analysis that can look at each chromosome and
compare the genomes on each chromosome.