From:
Eddie Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:04:20 -0500
Hello: Does anyone have any information about Mary Allen's Tavern? Thanks! Eddie Barnes

From: Michael Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2008/08/10 Sun PM 06:05:22 CDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VA-HIST] query about Micham? Lick Henrico County

Dear all--in the Henrico County Processioning districts at the end of
the eighteenth century, district 14 is described as "beginning at
Deep Run up the three notched road to little Tuckahoe, thence on the
county line dividing Goochland from Henrico to the head of
Chickahominy swamp, down the swamp to Michams lick from thence a
straight line to Mary Allens Tavern on the three notched road." Can
anybody identify for me where Micham's Lick is, or tell me what it
may have been renamed? The Henrico 1819-20 maps are no help and
neither are the civil war era maps that I have been able to read. I
would appreciate any direction--Thanks--Mick Nicholls