From:
Emily Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:28:58 +0000
I have recently read in a scholalry work that Dale and Gates were paid by
the Dutch to promote trade in Virginia (no citation). It also said that the
colonists were afraid that the Dutch were inciting the Indians. While it is
well known that they were paid, I have not seen the commercial
justification.
Any references?
Thanks, Emily Rose
Visiting Scholar