From:
"Wilson, Donald L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:36:31 -0500
If his death was the cause for dropping of the case, they should have mentioned it in the proceedings.  If it was because of his "failure to appear", that would mean he jumped bail.  It would not be surprising for him to leave the state, making the law difficult to apprehend him, especially if they didn't know where he went.  His bondsmen would be on the hook for the $4000, and there is probably some discussion of their liability in the records.

I don't believe there ever was a statute of limitations on a charge of murder.  If the charge was dropped, however, that would allow him to return to Kentucky.

Donald L. Wilson, Virginiana Librarian

The Ruth E. Lloyd Information Center

for Genealogy and Local History (RELIC)

Prince William Public Library System

Bull Run Regional Library

8051 Ashton Avenue, Manassas, VA 20109-2892

703-792-4540

www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/library/RELIC