From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:32:04 -0500
As for the Carters, Burwells & Nicholas's, maybe I can offer some
assistance. There was a doctoral dissertation written at the UVA entitle
"Nicholas Family of Virginia, 1722-1820" by Victor Dennis Golladay, 1973.
The Nicholas papers may contain correspondences with Jefferson since George
Nicholas was a close friend. Also, George Nicholas's mother, Elizabeth
Carter, was married first to Nathanial Burwell.

Lonny Watro