From:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:13:22 +0000
I just received this message from my brother, who lives in Edmonton, Alberta,
and is a history buff, Virginia native (and biogenetic researcher).  I had told him about some of the remarks and reports I'd heard about the film.

"I went to the New World last night. It was god-awful - even with your warning which I had expected a "that wasn't so bad" response due to my low expectations. But it was really really bad. The dialogue was awful and, except for Christopher Plummer, was unintelligible. Endless scenes of her face, then his face (it seemed like a parody of the spaghetti westerns), her frolicking in the fields, him lolling on the ground. Disjointed scene segues which were totally confusing. I will now avoid any Malick film like the plague. If I had amy say, this film would be banned in Virginia, not for faulty historical content, but for poor taste."

--
Alliance to Conserve Old Richmond
Neighborhoods

From: Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>