From:
Andrew Means <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:56:18 -0500
Anne and Bernie,
    I would like to make a correction on one item of Bernie's otherwise
admirable history.  Jane Rolfe's husband was named Robert instead of John.
Col. Robert Bolling was the first of his family in Virginia and a close
neighbor of Nathaniel Bacon.  Jane died in childbirth in 1676, the same year
as Bacon's Rebellion.  Robert and Jane's plantation was located very close
the area that would become City Point,(now Hopewell), VA.  Hope this helps.

Andrew Means