From:
Donald E King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:35:49 -0800
John - Hi

The first 3 below became headrights in 1654 via Hamon(d)
	- father John King - they appear to have settled in IofW Co;
		- Alexander King - he sold 200+ acres to T.Poole formerly granted to his father in 1640. So far, the only mention I have of Alexander is my original query in Manchoskue pp572-3 in Boddie'd "17th Century in IofW Co, VA".
		- probable brother Henry (married Katherine Clarke (m. 1679) and Elizabeth. I am currently researching Henry.

***
	Arthur King
		- do not know when or if he immigrated though there are 4 cases where someone got patents for transporting an Arthur - but they could be fictitious or crossing county lines
		- probably born ca 1640-50
		- first legal appearance in 1686 in Westmoreland Co. Married Mary Smith probably before 1675, died in Westmoreland in 1718, intestate. Mary Smith's ancestry goes back to her grandfather Robert Smith in Northumberland receiving land in 1650.

Donald King
Issaquah, WA