From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 07:10:20 -0400
A Question:  I am a interested in anything about "The Armory Band" which is referenced quite a bit between 1862 and 1865.  Also "Bob Smith's Band"  Both apparently played for Civil-War Richmond,

An Answer: Unfortunately, not a complete answer to my above question, but a terrific site for those of you researching Civil War Richmond.  If you have not already found it, it is 'Civil War Richmond', and if my memory serves me, it is at
www.mdgorman.com.

You folks know how I pride our own Library of Virginia data bases, but sometimes retrieval of IMAGES of all those itty-bitty 3x5 cards (+5 -1 -1 -5 END, etc.) drives me up the wall.  CWR has a great full-text system, and I hope Mike Gorman continues to add information,  particularly Civil-War newspaper articles.

Randy Cabell