From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:20:16 -0500
ah, but what about the thinking in some quarters that the pre-Clovis
culture, more and more widely accepted now, was more nearly identical
to the European Ice Age stone points and technology than anything
found so far in Siberia, to which they bear no resemblance at all? So
the Jamestown folks may be more right than they know. They have
recently re-tested Clovis site evidence using much more sophisticated
modern testing methods [not the decades old methods they were relying
on]and found it is somewhat more recent that they thought, which, as
many experts now say, "puts the last nail in the coffin of the Clovis-
first theory" [though some experts are still holding out in the
Clovis camp]. Since we are discovering more and more what a water-
borne culture early man was, I see no reason why some Ice Age
Europeans couldn't have paddled their skin boats on a hunting
expedition around the North Atlantic ice floes and to America, it
would be a much shorter trip than the Siberia to America one [which
they now speculate might have been at least partly by boat, and not
all by foot].

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone