From:
Scott McPhail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:10:38 -0400
Hello, I have a question I hope someone out there might give me a hand
with. On an 1819 James City Land tax sheet the witnessing Justice of the
Peace has signed his name and then folowed it with the initials " MJC". I've
never come across these initials/abbreviation before and wonder if they are
short for some sort of County Court/Justice of the Peace termonology??
    I should mention that this is regarding research on Nineteenth Century
Virginia congressman Burwell Bassett.

                thank you in advance,
                                 Scott McPhail