From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:38:48 -0500
Like most everything else in this controversy there is no ABSOLUTE smoking
gun, however the Eston family always claimed related to Randolph with
Jefferson DNA....his descendant was tested and as Eston's family had always
claimed.......there was a match. There is nothing to prove or suggest it was
Thomas....all circumstantial information points to Randolph.

Herb

Sorry, Herbert, but there's a part of your paragraph that's wrong. See
below:

On Nov 4, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Herbert Barger wrote:

> In my opinion, using your analysis, he may have been honoring his
> father,
> RANDOLPH JEFFERSON, who he indicated was his father by oral tradition.
Fine so far by oral tradition.

..BUT NOT Thomas.
Wrong, as it neither proves nor disproves Thomas. It merely says that
there is some Jefferson in the paternity line but cannot distinguish
which one, nor can it rule out one or another.

That is the point which has been argued time and again on this list.
You've twinned the two lines of evidence in a way that's not
supportable by the evidence.

Lyle Browning