From:
Dale Dulaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:47:28 -0400
In 1919, shortly after the end of World War I, a young woman sailed from the
United States to France hoping to discover that reports of her husband’s
death in action were mistaken. It was there that she discovered an amazing
story of heroism and sacrifice and finally found peace of mind. This story,
gleaned from a collection of 14,800 questionnaires collected by Virginia’s World
War I History Commission, is told by the LVA archivist who helped to process
and digitize the entire collection. See the images and read the story at the
Out of the Box blog.

http://www.virginiamemory.com/blogs/out_of_the_box/