From:
"W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:45:41 -0500
It is also important to note that just because a building was constructed in
the 1930s, it does not mean that it is not historically or architecturally
significant. The National Park Service's age threshold for a structure being
eligible for placement of the National Register is 50 years...many, many
Georgian and Colonial Revival structures are on the Register.

And yes, restorations and replicas are different. If restorations were no
longer significant structures, I would venture to say that 75% of the
buildings on the register, if not more, would be removed from the program.

Scott