From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 14:16:08 -0400
Jon
I am curious. Is it because of the lack of authenticity that you are uneasy
about this? Certainly some of the change is to make the re-enactments more
visitor friendly. Frankly I would not want to be close to a mortar or cannon
firing full charge. When was the last time it was tested at full charge?
Given the lack of appreciation for our country's history in the present
education system I think all  these folks can do to give our youth a small
taste of what it may have been like is great.

Have you been to one of the living history sites such as Plymouth MA or St
Augustine FL? There the people dress and teach and respond as if they were
in the time period they are portraying. Again a great learning experience
even if it is not quite 100% accurate.

Not to be rude but if you don't like it don't go. If you do think you might
like it join one of the groups and then press for realism.

occasion. To a very large degree, I confess to some unease about all this

--
Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach