From:
Donald Locke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:38:06 +0000
Am I over looking a web page that houses the DNA test results with the Y Haplo Groups? So far I am not able to locate this Jefferson DNA study.

Reading the conclusions of the study does me no good what so ever, in order for me to be able to follow the conclusions, I need to see the actual test results of the participants involved. Is that data available online? If not, then that is a serious problem as far as I am concerned.

Can not debate the DNA issue if the participants test results are not publically available to study.

What really peaks my interest from this study was this statement:

"DNA of male-line descendants of five "old Virginia families" was also included in the analysis in an attempt to sample the local population of Y chromosomes. None matched the Jefferson haplotype, one that is considered quite rare." Source: monticello.org

Ok I give, what rare Y Haplo Group was found and who was it found in and exactly what location was it found for this participants ancestor?

That is very vague language considering they are openly sharing their DNA conclusions. I don't like vague, I like specifics! lol. :)
What do they consider old Virginia families? 1800's? 1700's? 1600's? such vague language in their conclusions makes me pause no doubts!

What does disturb me about monticello.org so far, is they are willing to share their conclusions without clearly showing their DNA evidence.

As a DNA project Admin. myself, I anticipated seeing such DNA language as, just as an example, Field Jefferson and Eston Hemings are a say 35/37 DNA match and both in Y Haplo Group " what ever" Yet so far of what I have read, I see no such DNA language in their findings and that is disturbing to me.

No where on monticello.org or any other web site I have read on this discussion so far, do they go in to any details about the actual DNA tests.

No where so far do I read what DNA companies were used, no where do I see at what level of testing was used, no where do I read where anyone has Deep Clade SNP tested to confirm the Haplo Groups of each participant. This lack of data tells me, folks are serious about sharing their conclusions openly with out sharing their DNA evidence, and that to me as a DNA project Admin. is disturbing!

Do I presume they have all tested at the highest 67 marker level and all have been Deep Clade SNP tested? No I do not at all presume that because no where on the web sites that I have seen so far, explain any of the test results in any details what so ever. How can anyone debate the DNA issue when no one seems to be sharing the DNA evidence in question?

For all I know, they are basing their DNA test results off of the 12 or 25 marker level, and if that is true, then they have not proven their case what so ever.

As far as I am concerned, to share the conclusions of their study with out openly sharing the DNA test results of each participant involved in their study, tells me someone is not willing to be more open about their study. I say if they want to debate the issue or prove the issue, the test results of each participant involved must be open to the public so anyone can review the test results and be able to come to their own conclusions.

If the Jefferson DNA test results are available online, I would sure like to see them so I can see with my own eyes, what companies were used, at what level of testing was used, what upgrades such as the Deep Clade SNP test was used. All this is very relivant in this DNA discussion, because with out having access to this DNA data, no one can have a reasonable DNA discussion over this TJ issue.

If the test results are not publically available, how are we to believe their conclusions? I am a facts man, and if I can not physically see the DNA facts for myself, their conclusions have no meaning to me what so ever.

That is my primary concern right now, I see many conclusions with out any DNA evidence being shared. Am I looking in the wrong places?

I do not even see typical DNA language in their conclusions, like so and so is a 35/37 match to each other. And that typical DNA language that I anticipated to see, and did not see on the web pages which discuss the supposed DNA evidence is clearly lacking from their conclusions and to me that bothers me greatly.

 So I ask you all, where online are the DNA test results with the Y Haplo Groups? With out that data, their conclusions are worthless to me.

Don