Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:31:46 -0500
I would like to offer an interesting tidbit of information regarding the
movie (which I have not seen):
the artifacts that are shown and used in the movie were produced by a
wonderfully fascinating, little concern in Yorktown, Virginia called Period
Designs. Period Designs is owned by three enterprising young people, Rob
Hunter, Virginia Lascara and Michelle Erickson, all William & Mary
graduates, who specialize in "historically accurate reproductions of 17th
century household niceties". Some of the things that I have heard are shown
in the movie that came from Period Designs are tobacco pipes, tableware,
slipware, bell jars, etc.....all of the things that colonists would have
brought with them to enhance their every day lives. They also offer old and
rare maps and prints, i.e., Audubons, Alexander Wilsons, et al. Their pieces
were also used in the movies Amistad and The Patriot.
A trip to Yorktown to visit Period Designs is always a treat. Their web site
URL is www.perioddesigns.com
Deane Mills

It is a unique venture and I recommend it to anyone who is in the area.