From:
Mary Ruffin Hanbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:35:58 -0400
You'd have to check with the National Park Service, but if you go to their website http://www.cr.nps.gov/crdi/publications/pubs.htm   and go to this section:

 African Reflections on the American Landscape: Identifying and Interpreting Africanisms, examines African cultural heritage found in built environment, and its interpretation within the NPS cultural resources programs. It is available in a PDF format and in print. For printed copies, contact Brian Joyner at 1849 C Street, NW (2251), Washington, DC 20240, phone: 202/354-2276.

The third chapter (available in PDF) has the brush arbor at Zion Poplars Baptist Church in Gloucester County.  The National Register nomination was written by Natalie Robertson at Hampton University.

Mary Ruffin Hanbury
Program Officer

National Trust for Historic Preservation
Southern Office
456 King Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29403

(843) 722-8552