From:
Elizabeth Roderick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:06:30 -0400
Greetings - we are pleased to announce the completion of a fully-searchable
database of the Bristol Public Library's collection of seventy-six (76)
church and family cemetery indexes.

As always, we would like to ask our VA-HIST and VA-ROOTS subscribers to have
a "sneak preview" of this new resource before we release it to the public.

The searchable database contains 7,530 records indexing 8,676 names.  In
addition to Bristol, there are indexes for cemeteries in the Tennessee
counties of Greene and Sullivan, and the Virginia counties of Dickenson,
Russell, and Washington.

The database can be found here until released to the public and linked to
the Library's web site:

http://eagle.vsla.edu/bristol

A typical database record will include the following information:

Name of Deceased
Birth Date
Death Date
Name of Cemetery
Type of Cemetery
Tombstone Inscription
Selected Family Names in Cemetery
City/County of Cemetery Location
Specific Location (when known)
Background Information, including name of index compiler, when known
Subject links to all family names represented

Please notify me directly if you have any difficulty using this new
resource.

Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth Roderick                   email ([log in to unmask])
Director, Digital Library Program    voice  (804) 692-3761