From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:25:39 -0500
I still like the idea that has been used by the U. Va. Chapel in Wise
County- post the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in the
chapel, and let each faith bring in their own symbols, as needed. It
may have once been a Christian chapel, it may be too difficult to
keep it one today, but you can hardly get more "Virginia" than to
display that Statute. A reminder of Virginia's great roll in
establishing religious freedom for all, and it might go far to
satisfy several factions. A place of religion. But all and any, not
one. And it would soothe ruffled Virginia feathers by having our
Statute displayed there; Virginia history is not being cast out.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone